How can you bounce back from job rejections? How do you approach your video strategy in 2018? This week, I am joined by Jasmine Pak from Buzzfeed. Jasmine is currently a video producer who has worked at entertainment companies like CBS, NBC, Omaze, and Buzzfeed.
In this week’s fireside chat, Jasmine will share why deciding to work in entertainment is her Zero to Infinity moment. She also recounted her viral experience last summer when she shared a LinkedIn post about being rejected from her dream job. Stay until the end of the show to hear Jasmine tackle the Lightning Round. Last but not least, we also launched our Facebook Group Community this week as well!
- Jasmine is a 22-year old video producer who is fueled by her passion for accurate minority representation in media and bringing unique narratives to the screen
- She has experience from companies such as CBS, NBC, Omaze, and BuzzFeed
- In her spare time, you can find Jasmine at a HIIT workout, melting over puppy pictures, or engaging in debates over pineapple on pizza
Long Form Questions
- Jasmine’s background
- Tell us more about what you do at Buzzfeed
- Jasmine’s Zero to Infinity moment: realizing she wants to work in entertainment and LinkedIn’s viral post
- Can you shed some light on how young people can better handle job rejection?
- Can you share some advice on how young people who should approach a career in entertainment?
- For listeners who want to be creators, but might be camera shy, what tip would you give them to overcome this fear?
- Tell us what is your philosophy behind video creation and production
- What are some pointers you’d give them before they consider creating video content?
- Tell us us what it was like to go viral over a post about rejection and what you learned from that experience.
- Can you share what it was like to be so vulnerable and how you dealt with some of the negativity that came with the post?
- How do you define success?
- How would you define personal success?
- What is a productivity app that you cannot live without?
- What is your go-to social media app?
- Where do you get your news?
- What is your zone of inspiration?
- Who or where do you drive inspiration from?
- Any particular mentors you’d like to give a shout out to?
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received and want to share with listeners at home?
- By next week, go out there and connect with the one person on LinkedIn or at your office who is currently living your dream job. Ask for a 15 minute coffee or phone chat. Share your results with us using #BeInfinity
- We have officially launched our Facebook Group community. Remember to introduce yourself to the community with #InfinityLiftOff so the community can welcome you to the group! And you’ll also get a chance to be featured in our Community Highlights. You can join the group today by visiting zerotoinfinitypodcast.com/facebook
- March Giveaway: One lucky listener will win a pair of Apple AirPods, One Month Subscription to Audible, and a One-on-One Skype Call, simply (1) subscribe to the show on iTunes or wherever you listen to the podcast and (2) subscribe to our #BeInfinity Newsletter
- Jasmine’s Viral LinkedIn Post
- Guys Try Pilates For The First Time feat. Blogilates
- Asian Immigrants Discuss Childhood Dreams With Their Children
- Connect with Jasmine on: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter
Support Our Partner
ZipRecruiter is the smartest way to hire and get hired. With over 8 million jobs, ZipRecruiter is the only site you’ll ever need to find your next job. If you are a hiring manager, post to 100+ job boards with just one submission. Try ZipRecruiter For Free Today
- Subscribe and leave us a review on iTunes or wherever your get your podcast
- Share this podcast with friends and coworkers who may benefit from this episode